^ Back to Top

Aston Villa vs. Manchester United Preview

Aston Villa vs. Manchester United PreviewThe Premier League continues next week! The games will be played behind closed doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic and we will have an exciting contest on Thursday when Aston Villa hosts Manchester United.

Aston Villa lost 2-0 on the road against Liverpool on Sunday while Manchester United beat Bournemouth at home 5-2 last Saturday. Aston Villa is 18th in the Premier League standings with 27 points in 33 games, fighting to avoid relegation while Manchester United is in fifth place with 55 points in 33 games.

Let's take a closer look at where the value is in this matchup.


Betting Odds By Scoresandstats


Team to Win (Regular Time)

Aston Villa: +873

Manchester United: -323

Draw: +444


Aston Villa: +1.5 (-106)

Manchester United: -1.5 (-115)


Over 2¾ (-123)

Under 2¾ (+101)

Key Points to Consider


Last 6:

Aston Villa, coming off a 2-0 road loss against Liverpool, have four losses, two draws and zero wins in their last six overall. Manchester United, coming off a 5-2 home win against Bournemouth, have five wins, one draw and zero losses in their last six overall.

Momentum: Manchester United has been on an upward trend -- winning four of their last five games in the Premier League.

Head-to-Head: These two sides last matched up in Premier League action on December 1, 2019 and the game ended on a 1-1 draw.

Projected Leaders

Simulations I have run project Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood, Paul Pogba and Harry Maguire as the players most likely to score (all six players are from Manchester United).

There is a 21.7 percent chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw, Manchester United, at 65.4 percent, are heavy favorites to beat Aston Villa, who have just a 12.9 percent chance to win at home.

The leading scorer for Manchester United is Anthony Martial with a 41 percent chance of scoring one or more goals. When he has at least one goal, Manchester United has an 82 percent chance to win.

I will ride with Manchester United in this spot. Man U's deadly trio of strikers (Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood) is on fire and Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba's rise to form makes this team practically unstoppable right now.

Soccer Pick Payperhead247: Manchester United -1.5 (-115)

Hot Sportsbook

Best Bookie PPH

Bookie Pay Per Head Service

Popular Sportsbook

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive plugin by www.channeldigital.co.uk